MHI offers several types of employment opportunities including permanent full-time positions, term positions, and international project positions. The international opportunities for utility professionals consist of long-term assignments (multi-year projects requiring staff relocation), medium-term/multi-month assignments (temporary relocation and travel may be required), and short-term assignments (approximately one month or less). Short-term assignments allow for a work-from-home option or initial short-term travel for situational assessment.Apply Now
Opportunities to advance your career;
Put your professional skills to good use;
Opportunities for professional development;
Acquire new skills and experience, and participate in challenging and interesting work;
Enjoy a friendly corporate culture that supports work-life balance;
Acquire knowledge of international business practices;
Opportunity to travel and explore exotic locations and cultures;
Competitive compensation packages and timely remuneration;
A diverse workforce;
Global corporate social responsibility initiatives;
Travel and accommodation services (for international project staff) and support of well-being;
A flexible nine-day work cycle, which generally provides every second Monday off (for Winnipeg office staff).
MHI is a company where you can build an exciting career, or put the knowledge you have acquired throughout your career to excellent use.
MHI is always looking for individuals who are interested in joining our dynamic divisions, which deliver innovative, world-class products and services in their areas of expertise.
Search By Criteria
Global Talent Acquisition Manager
, , ,
Posted on: 2019-07-05 17:07:05
Your Role / Project Related Tasks:
Global Talent Acquisition Manager
The Global Talent Acquisition Manager will lead the recruitment function for the International Utility Service Business Unit. Responsible for all aspects of recruitment, including developing strategies and recommendations to grow MHI’s project resource network and sourcing high quality technical and non-technical resources for international projects, the role requires an outgoing and driven individual capable of taking initiative in a fast-paced environment. The Global Talent Acquisition Manager will be responsible for managing relationships within the network, interfacing regularly with IUS staff members, as well as managing the project resource database to support the function. This individual must be comfortable taking on new challenges and willing to go above and beyond to deliver results.
Reporting to the Managing Director, International Utility Services, the Global Talent Acquisition Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Design, develop and maintain the project recruitment process for the business unit.
- Analyze and evaluate recruitment trends and market best practices, identify opportunities and implement strategies to recruit and retain project staffing resources.
- Work with the team to forecast staffing needs for international projects, implement succession planning, and actively fill resource gaps.
- Build quality relationships with the project resource network, external recruitment networks and agencies, as well as other target organizations for recruitment.
- Work with the team to source staff to fill project vacancies and identify quality candidates for projects the team is bidding on, with a particular focus on supporting the most challenging cases.
- Manage the project resource database and all associated processes for the business unit. Ensure the team has the knowledge and tools to utilize the database effectively.
- Responsible to review all applicants/CVs received and approve their addition to the database by analyzing their technical skills, level of experience, and fit for international projects.
- Maintain regular interaction with key project resources to ensure CVs are up to date and accessible to the team, and potential project staff are kept up to date with ongoing requirements.
- Monitor and manage the financial impact and costs of the project recruitment process.
Your Career at MHI:
- International business experience including opportunities to communicate directly with diverse clients from all over the world.
- Coaching and on the job training you can use to excel in your future career.
- Being able to give back through global corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Task variety – no day is ever the same.
- Being given a high level of responsibility and autonomy for your own work.
- Competitive salaries.
- Every second Monday off.
- Flex time options.
- Paid out vacation time and over time.
- Free parking or subsidized Winnipeg Transit bus passes.
- Enjoy working in a friendly and relaxed corporate culture.
- A four (4) year Bachelor degree from a university of recognized standing with a minimum of three (3) years of experience directly related to the recruitment of professionals.
- Must be results oriented, capable of planning, organizing and leading, and able to carry out duties with minimal direction and supervision.
- Proven analytical capacities for assessing complex situations, researching, evaluating and developing recommendations using a creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative, sound judgment, and integrity with the ability to make and implement decisions both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to foster and maintain harmonious working relationships and interact effectively with others at all levels, both internal and external to the company.
- Ability to think strategically, and integrate and synthesize data and information from various sources.
- Adaptable and flexible to rapidly changing conditions in workplace and business requirements.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Customer Relationship Management systems, Applicant Tracking Systems, or staffing databases would be considered an asset.
- Detailed knowledge of a broad range of energy utility business and technical functions would be considered an asset.
- Spanish or French language skills would be considered an asset.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and passport.
Work Location: 211 Commerce Drive, Winnipeg, MB, R3P 1A3
Term: Full Time Permanent
Position Title: Global Talent Acquisition Manager
Positions Available: One
Hours Worked: 8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. (8 hours/day on a 9-day bi-weekly cycle)
Qualified candidates with a commitment to excellence and a desire to join a winning team are invited to apply with a resume and cover letter by July 26, 2019.Apply Now