MHI offers several types of employment opportunities including permanent full-time positions, term positions, and international project positions. The international opportunities for utility professionals consist of long-term assignments (multi-year projects requiring staff relocation), medium-term/multi-month assignments (temporary relocation and travel may be required), and short-term assignments (approximately one month or less). Short-term assignments allow for a work-from-home option or initial short-term travel for situational assessment.Apply Now
Opportunities to advance your career;
Put your professional skills to good use;
Opportunities for professional development;
Acquire new skills and experience, and participate in challenging and interesting work;
Enjoy a friendly corporate culture that supports work-life balance;
Acquire knowledge of international business practices;
Opportunity to travel and explore exotic locations and cultures;
Competitive compensation packages and timely remuneration;
A diverse workforce;
Global corporate social responsibility initiatives;
Travel and accommodation services (for international project staff) and support of well-being;
A flexible nine-day work cycle, which generally provides every second Monday off (for Winnipeg office staff).
MHI is a company where you can build an exciting career, or put the knowledge you have acquired throughout your career to excellent use.
MHI is always looking for individuals who are interested in joining our dynamic divisions, which deliver innovative, world-class products and services in their areas of expertise.
Search By Criteria
Conseillers techniques et en gestion des services publics, Afrique
, , ,
Posted on: 2018-07-03 14:08:53
Your Role / Project Related Tasks:
Lieu: Afrique francophone
Manitoba Hydro International Ltd. (MHI) est dédié à fournir des solutions énergétiques fiables à ses clients grâce à son expertise qualifiée et crédible. Pour répondre aux exigences de nos clients internationaux, MHI élargit son offre de services en Afrique francophone et cherche des conseillers techniques et en gestion des services publics dans un certain nombre de rôles. Les postes à considérer comprennent la consultation pour la haute direction tout au long de la chaîne de valeur du service d'électricité (production, transport et distribution), les finances et l'administration, le commercial, l'approvisionnement et les ressources humaines.
Des opportunités à court et à long terme sont disponibles et des déplacements sont nécessaires.
Location: French Speaking Africa
Manitoba Hydro International Ltd. (MHI) is dedicated to providing reliable energy solutions to clients through qualified and dependable expertise. To meet the requirements of our international customers, MHI is expanding its service offerings in French-speaking Africa and is looking for Utility Management & Technical Advisors in a number of roles. Positions to be considered include advisory for senior management throughout the electricity utility value chain (generation, transmission, & distribution), Finance & Administration, Commercial, Procurement, and Human Resources.
Short and long-term opportunities are available and travel is required.
Exigences du poste
Les candidats doivent parler couramment le français et, préférablement, posséder une expérience préalable dans le domaine des services publics. Les qualifications comprennent un minimum d’un baccalauréat ou l'équivalent avec au moins 10 ans d'expérience de travail dans un domaine connexe. Si vous souhaitez devenir candidat pour une opportunité excitante et stimulante, veuillez nous faire parvenir votre CV sur cette affectation.
MHI offre des ensembles de rémunérations concurrentiels qui comprennent des services de voyage et d'hébergement, ainsi qu'une rémunération en temps opportun.
The candidates must be fluent in French and preferably have previous utility experience. Qualifications include a minimum Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with at least 10 years of work experience in a related field.
If you are interested in being a candidate for an exciting and challenging opportunity, please submit your resume to this posting.
MHI offers competitive compensation packages which include travel and accommodation services, a support network, as well as timely remuneration.Apply Now
, , ,
Sales & Marketing
Posted on: 2019-03-22 14:04:31
Your Role / Project Related Tasks:
Manitoba Hydro Telecom (MHT) is a business unit of Manitoba Hydro International Ltd. (MHI) and, in conjunction with Manitoba Hydro Telecommunications Department, operates as a non-dominant carrier in Manitoba delivering broadband communications networks in Manitoba.
Under the direction of the Sales and Marketing Manager, the Order Coordinator will be the primary contact to coordinate deliveries for sold orders including: fiber builds, last mile partner orders and microwave colocation. This includes obtaining customer sign off, notifying MHI’s Finance & Administration department to invoice, and providing support for MHT network projects. Design and develop optical and metallic cable solutions to meet customer requirements working closely with customers, stakeholders and suppliers.
• Coordinate all aspects of pre-service delivery including site checks, contacting on-site or remote customers, last mile partners, and electrical contractors to obtain site access or verify site readiness.
• Coordinate cutover times, order delivery and customer sign off, provide customer welcome package.
• Work closely with Sales team to prioritize and track installations.
• Provide project and installation status updates to customers, sales and operational teams.
• Develop and maintain customer contacts and relationships, with existing and prospective accounts, update customer contact information in the MHT CRM.
• Provide product, service and process improvement feedback to the Sales, Network and Fiber and Facilities team.
• Administer DOS/Reliability/FA2/PRA process for partners and customers. Update datacenter security access lists.
• Track inventory items for installations and assist/direct procurement.
• Assist with notifications of customer impacting network upgrades, maintenance and changes.
• Update monthly and quarterly reports as requested by the Sales and Marketing Manager
Principal Duties are intended to be an accurate reflection of the main duties essential for this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, tasks and responsibilities.
Minimum Grade 12 education with a minimum of three years directly related telecommunications or complex order management experience;
Minimum Grade 12 education, completion of a certificate, diploma or degree program at a recognized institution in business administration or project management, plus two years directly related telecommunications or complex order management experience.
• Excellent organization and communication skills with above average commercial interaction capability.
• Good working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office applications; Experience in customer service.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with effective use of time management skills.
• A self-starter capable of organizing and carrying out assignments with minimum instruction/supervision.
• Ability to use a full range of communication tools to share knowledge and information, verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and perform assigned duties with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of the Manitoba Telecommunications landscape considered an asset but not required.
Your Career at MHI:
• Business experience including opportunities to communicate directly with clients.
• Coaching and on the job training you can use to excel in your career.
• Being able to give back through global corporate initiatives.
• Task variety – no day is ever the same.
• Being given a high level of responsibility and autonomy for your own work.
• Competitive salaries.
• Every second Monday off.
• Flex time options.
• Enjoy working in a friendly and relaxed corporate culture.