MHI offers several types of employment opportunities including permanent full-time positions, term positions, and international project positions. The international opportunities for utility professionals consist of long-term assignments (multi-year projects requiring staff relocation), medium-term/multi-month assignments (temporary relocation and travel may be required), and short-term assignments (approximately one month or less). Short-term assignments allow for a work-from-home option or initial short-term travel for situational assessment.Apply Now
Opportunities to advance your career;
Put your professional skills to good use;
Opportunities for professional development;
Acquire new skills and experience, and participate in challenging and interesting work;
Enjoy a friendly corporate culture that supports work-life balance;
Acquire knowledge of international business practices;
Opportunity to travel and explore exotic locations and cultures;
Competitive compensation packages and timely remuneration;
A diverse workforce;
Global corporate social responsibility initiatives;
Travel and accommodation services (for international project staff) and support of well-being;
A flexible nine-day work cycle, which generally provides every second Monday off (for Winnipeg office staff).
MHI is a company where you can build an exciting career, or put the knowledge you have acquired throughout your career to excellent use.
MHI is always looking for individuals who are interested in joining our dynamic divisions, which deliver innovative, world-class products and services in their areas of expertise.
Search By Criteria
International Project Consultant
MB CA, , MB, CA
Posted on: 2019-11-01 19:56:25
Your Role / Project Related Tasks:
Join MHI as an International Project Consultant!
Manitoba Hydro International Ltd. (MHI) seeks highly qualified International Project Consultants to join our diverse team of world-class industry experts.
What we do
As an International Project Consultant, you will have the opportunity to work on interesting and engaging projects (short, mid or long-term assignments) in various parts of the world. Our projects span the entire energy utility sector, from generation, transmission and distribution, to commercial services, the end users, and all support functions. We provide assistance from the earliest planning stages of a project, to overseeing the design, construction and commissioning of major infrastructure, to managing the operations and maintenance. We work collaboratively with our clients to assist them in improving their operations and meeting their short and long-term objectives, most often in the regions of sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, the Middle East and Central Asia.
As a member of our team, you will be supported by an organization with over 30 years’ experience providing services to the international utility sector and a dedicated home office and project management team.
What we look for
If you are an experienced consultant who enjoys working internationally in diverse and challenging environments, and possess expertise in the energy utility sector areas described below, we want to hear from you!
Desired Areas of Expertise
(Includes, but not limited to)
Hydropower, renewables (solar, wind) thermal, diesel, and gas.
Including high voltage AC and HVDC transmission and associated switching stations.
Including distribution networks and associated sub-stations
Utility Support Services
Commercial Services, human resources, finance, strategy, regulatory, power markets, energy efficiency, IT, safety, environmental management, procurement, and more.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation packages and timely remuneration.
- Opportunity to travel and explore exotic locations and cultures.
- Travel and accommodation services and support of well-being.
- Acquire new skills and experience, and participate in challenging and interesting work.
- Enjoy a friendly corporate culture that supports work-life balance.
- Acquire knowledge of international business practices.
- A diverse workforce.
- Global corporate social responsibility initiatives.
Lab & Product Software Developer
Corporate Office, Winnipeg , MB, CA
Posted on: 2020-01-08 22:30:26
Your Role / Project Related Tasks:
Lab & Product Software Developer (6 month term)
As a Lab & Product Software Developer based in our modern Winnipeg office, you will provide effective, proactive, and reliable support for customers and internal engineering staff. The individual must possess excellent computer skills, along with a helpful and flexible can-do attitude. The nature of the work is highly reactive so it requires an individual who is able to prioritize workloads and assist with providing an excellent service to the team and to clients.
Reporting to the Engineering Research & Development Manager, the incumbent is responsible for implementing/maintaining special software tools for the equipment developed at the Centre (e.g. dcLFL, etc.). The incumbent will also assist with the ongoing user support of all Centre products and software, primarily PSCAD.
- Develop and maintain software products to meet the needs of customers and internal engineering users. Adhere to code design standards, as well as implementation, testing and documentation processes, as designated by the software products group management.
- Work in close conjunction with other members of the software products group, usually under the direction of the Software Development & Maintenance Manager.
- Author and maintain progress documents describing project work. Communicate progress to other group members, as required in regularly scheduled meetings.
- Participate in requirements gathering and maintain an understanding of application domain for which the product is applied.
- Work in cooperation with others who may also be involved in similar or related projects. This may include collaborating with other team members on project work and assisting them when required.
- Keep abreast of industry standards as they evolve. This may involve participating in seminars, attending conferences, or events that demonstrate new software development technologies and practices.
Your Career at MHI:
- International business experience including opportunities to communicate directly with diverse clients from all over the world.
- Coaching and on the job training you can use to excel in your future career.
- Being able to give back through global corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Task variety – no day is ever the same.
- Being given a high level of responsibility and autonomy for your own work.
- Competitive salaries.
- Every second Monday off.
- Flex time options.
- Paid out vacation time and over time.
- Free parking or subsidized Winnipeg Transit bus passes.
- Enjoy working in a friendly and relaxed corporate culture.
- A four year degree in Computer Science (Honours) or Computer Engineering from a university of recognized standing with a minimum of one year of demonstrable experience directly applicable to development.
- A two year Diploma in a Computer Programming Technology from an institute of recognized standing plus a minimum of three years of related experience.
- Co-operative Education experience is considered a definite asset.
- Knowledge of FORTRAN and/or Python is considered an asset.
- Experience working with Microsoft Foundation Class and/or Microsoft .NET Frameworks.
- Be knowledgeable of relational databases, SQL, XML, and XML data technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, plan, control and make decisions related to the development of engineering oriented computer systems and applications.
- Self-motivated, with demonstrated initiative to work in a fast-paced, open environment.
- Strong work ethic, ability to work in a team, and willingness to learn new skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Solid understanding and experience developing Object Oriented solutions.
- Excellent organizational, time management skills with emphasis on detail.
- Possess a valid Manitoba driver’s license.
- Possess a current Canadian Passport as the incumbent may be required to travel both domestic and international for short durations to fulfill duties as required.