MHI offers several types of employment opportunities including permanent full-time positions, term positions, and international project positions. The international opportunities for utility professionals consist of long-term assignments (multi-year projects requiring staff relocation), medium-term/multi-month assignments (temporary relocation and travel may be required), and short-term assignments (approximately one month or less). Short-term assignments allow for a work-from-home option or initial short-term travel for situational assessment.Apply Now
Opportunities to advance your career;
Put your professional skills to good use;
Opportunities for professional development;
Acquire new skills and experience, and participate in challenging and interesting work;
Enjoy a friendly corporate culture that supports work-life balance;
Acquire knowledge of international business practices;
Opportunity to travel and explore exotic locations and cultures;
Competitive compensation packages and timely remuneration;
A diverse workforce;
Global corporate social responsibility initiatives;
Travel and accommodation services (for international project staff) and support of well-being;
A flexible nine-day work cycle, which generally provides every second Monday off (for Winnipeg office staff).
MHI is a company where you can build an exciting career, or put the knowledge you have acquired throughout your career to excellent use.
MHI is always looking for individuals who are interested in joining our dynamic divisions, which deliver innovative, world-class products and services in their areas of expertise.
Search By Criteria
Transmission and Distribution Operations Engineer - Expedited Job Posting
Corporate Office, Winnipeg , MB, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-27 21:50:29
Your Role / Project Related Tasks:
Manitoba Hydro International Ltd. (MHI) is dedicated to providing reliable energy solutions to clients through qualified and dependable expertise. To meet the requirements of our international customers, MHI is looking to recruit Transmission and Distribution Operations Engineers for short and long-term international assignments.
Ten years’ experience in a senior engineering position, completion of a Masters' degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent program, in transmission system modelling, performance analysis, monitoring and control. Experience must include:
• Transmission System Planning and Performance Studies using PSSE Software
• Familiar with Transmission Operations from a Control Centre perspective
• Familiar with SCADA, protection, control, and distribution automation systems
• Familiar with grid integration of renewable energy
• Proficiency in the use of PSSE power system software
• Familiarity with PSS SINCAL would be an asset.
MHI offers competitive compensation packages which include travel and accommodation services, a support network, as well as timely remuneration.
Corporate Office, Winnipeg , MB, CA
Posted on: 2018-06-07 13:51:43
Your Role / Project Related Tasks:
Manitoba Hydro Telecom (MHT) is a Division of Manitoba Hydro International Ltd. (MHI) and, in conjunction with Manitoba Hydro Telecommunications Department, operates as a non-dominant carrier in Manitoba delivering broadband communications networks in Manitoba.
Reporting to the Technical Operations Manager, MHT, the Network Officer is responsible for provisioning and maintaining communications systems, providing customer support, and related project coordination within MHT’s area of responsibility.
• Provision and implement network solutions
• Provide customer, Network Operations Center (NOC), and field technician advanced support and troubleshooting during the day and outside of regular work hours on an on-call rotation
• Work with sales and marketing teams to design and plan customer network solutions
• Continuously evaluate and maintain the network by way of hardware and software upgrades, including the scheduling of maintenance
• Procure equipment as required to deliver network services
• Work closely with the NOC to provide maintenance notifications to customers
• Responsible for providing direction and scheduling of field staff to complete projects
• Create work packages and prints, including the processing of tower collocation applications
• Manage and maintain up to date Network Monitoring and Security systems
• Evaluate customer utilization on the network and make changes to comply with customer service
agreements in cooperation with the Sales Team
• Create procedures, technical documents, and network designs
• Provide up to date testing protocols and documentation
• Provide relevant training and development for Manitoba Hydro NOC and technical support staff including field technicians on new products, installation procedures, commissioning, preventative and corrective maintenance
• Acquire and maintain good knowledge of Manitoba Hydro and MHI policies and procedures and contribute to the business Division’s strategic planning initiatives, including business planning, process improvements, and policy/procedure development.
Principal Duties are intended to be an accurate reflection of the main duties essential for this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, tasks and responsibilities.
A two (2) year diploma in Electronic, Telecommunications, or Computer Engineering Technology (or equivalent) from an institute of recognized standing, with a minimum of three (3) years relevant data network experience with Cisco data network equipment.
• Completed training towards a Cisco CCNA level designation, courses completed towards a CCNP or equivalent designation would be an asset
• A Telecommunications Journeyman certificate would be an asset
• The incumbent must have in-depth knowledge and experience in regard to the development, delivery, and design of network services with Ethernet switched Local and Wide area networks including vlans, trunking, QinQ, and MEF Services (EPL, EVPL)
• Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience of networking protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and MPLS
• Thorough knowledge of Cisco networking hardware and related software with respect to routers, switches and optical transport equipment and proficiency in the Cisco IOS command language.
• Knowledge and experience in fiber optics, including optical modules with bandwidth requirements from 1Gbps to 100Gbps
• Knowledge and experience in wave division multiplexing, active and passive, coarse and dense
• Proven ability to carry out duties with minimal direction and supervision, mindful of deadlines and other contract deliverables
• Proven ability to plan, organize and complete projects using project management principles
• Direct the work of others and work extended and non-standard hours while travelling outside the headquarters zone for periods of time
• Demonstrated experience in maintaining Manitoba Hydro drawings, schematics, test results and data-bases as well as proficiency in the operation of data communications test equipment
• Proven analytical skills for assessing complex situations, problems and decisions
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all stakeholders in project planning activities
• Must be creative, self-motivated and capable of achieving broadly defined objectives
• Must be results oriented, capable of planning, organizing, and leading by example
• Mature judgement, discretion, and the ability to handle confidential or sensitive information
• Exceptional interpersonal and written communications skills both orally and in writing
• Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Familiar with Smallworld, EDMS, Autocad programs
• Possess a valid Province of Manitoba driver’s license
• Must obtain and maintain a current Personnel Risk Assessment and a clear security rating